Permanent. Full or Part Time.
£30000 per annum
Title: International Buyer
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Hours: Monday – Friday (40 hours per week)
If you’re seeking a new role in a busy purchasing department with the opportunity for overseas travel then our International Buyer vacancy could be the perfect job for you!
Our client is a reputable, family owned business and market leader in their field. To keep up with demand, they are seeking an experienced International Buyer to join them at their premises in Newcastle-under-Lyme.
As an International Buyer, your role will consist of:
- Identifying new overseas sources whilst working closely with colleagues to ensure continuity of supply with existing UK suppliers.
- Negotiating and managing overseas suppliers with particular regard to cost, lead time and quality.
- To plan that purchases are made in the most cost effective way, whilst monitoring stocks without affecting sales.
- Continuously benchmarking against alternative suppliers (Globally) to avoid single source situations.
- Planning requirements, taking into consideration shipping times and import procedures.
- Monitoring currency exchange rates and the effect this will have on purchases.
- Travelling overseas to audit and negotiate with our foreign supply chain.
- Creating clear and concise progress reports presented using Microsoft Excel & Word, incorporating graphical information and factual data.
To be successful in the role of International Buyer, you’ll be experienced in international buying within a manufacturing industry and possess strong negotiation and communication skills.
Highly self-motivated, you’ll be excited about travelling abroad as and when necessary and be fully competent is Microsoft Office packages and be willing to undertake training on the clients bespoke planning systems.
In return, our client is offering the opportunity to join a well-respected market leading business. A competitive salary, free car parking and generous holiday entitlement is on offer to the right candidate.
Contact Name: Luke Nixon
Contact Number: 01782338781