Permanent. Full or Part Time.
£17000 - £18000 per annum
Permanent, Logistics Administrator position.
£18,000 per annum, free parking, 25 days’ holiday + BH.
9am – 5pm Mon – Thurs
9am – 4pm Fri
Our client, based in Crewe, are looking to recruit a Logistics Administrator. Customer excellence is the key focus of this department, therefore you are required to facilitate and support the Customer Service team, helping to ensure a high level of communication with the customer at all times. Ensure accurate and efficient processing of customer orders resulting in the consistent delivery of products on time, and the effective handling of key resulting documentation.
As a Logistics Administrator responsibilities will include:
- To manage the receipt of all customer orders, check pricing and quantities and inputting all requirements onto the company system.
- Receiving and acknowledging all orders sent by EDI, and any other electronic systems used by customers.
- Issuing order acknowledgments within 4 hours of receipt of order.
- Processing and maintaining all price files.
- Communicating with customers on order status by way of open order reports, emails and telephone on a monthly basis (or as per customer requirements).
- Generating all shipping documentation in a timely manner ensuring accuracy at all times. Ensure third party suppliers have copies of documentation 48 hours prior to dispatch date. Resolve any issues raised by third party supplier immediately to prevent any delay in dispatching product.
- Raise any credit requests for damages/shortages.
- Checking all shipping documentation, copying and sending through to Quality and the customer; ensuring the process is completed by accurate filing of all paperwork
- To support the Customer Service & Logistics Co-ordinator with Medline shipments by loading all shipping documentation onto the Yusen web site as per the customer requirements.
- Raise Purchase Orders for all freight charges in a timely manner. Ensure AWC Transport Log is updated with correct information.
- Provide cover for Customer Service & Logistic Co-ordinator holidays or sickness.
- Share with Trauma team various tasks including distribution of post; collection of parcels from Reception; assisting other areas with courier requests.
- First point of contact for incoming telephone calls; field marketing calls within Company guidelines
- Provide cover for Purchasing Assistant role during holidays/sickness periods.
- Weekly review of orders prior to dispatch from Warehouse along with weekly stock checks on all product lines.
- Liaise with Supply Chain team regarding customer orders/deadlines/deliveries
- To carry out any other duties as reasonably required by the Company.
Desired skills and knowledge:
- Full clean licence and access to vehicle ( will need to travel to Warehouse in Byley on a weekly basis to check orders & quarterly stock checks)
- Great admin and IT skills (Outlook is a must; Word; Excel)
- Good telephone manner and ability to field cold/marketing calls
- Sense of humour
- Ability to work in a male dominated environment
- Able to multi task
- Be comfortable completing complex tasks
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Appointments Personnel who are operating as an employment agency.
Contact Name: Luke Nixon
Contact Number: 01782338781