Permanent. Full Time.
£36000 - £38000 per annum + 7% bonus
Title: Quality Engineer
Salary: £36,000 to £38,000 dependant upon experience plus 7% bonus
If you’re an experienced commerically minded Quality Engineer seeking a new challenge that includes the opportunity for international travel, then we have the career opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
Our client is a global leader in their field with big plans for growth. As part of their plans for expansion, they are seeking a Quality Engineer to join them at their premises in Newcastle-under-Lyme.
As an experienced Quality Engineer, you’ll be confident in your ability to:
- Establish, implement and maintain quality management systems to measure and control quality in operational process.
- Provide quality assurance support, ensuring that the operations continue in accordance with quality requirements while maintaining efficiency.
- Provide statistical information for quality improvement by identifying and conducting testing methods and sampling.
- Identify and take steps to eliminate the causes of quality issues and reduce the risk of failure.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the successful candidate will be expected to cover assignments to support the clients facilities in both the UK and abroad.
As part of this exciting role, you’ll will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop performance measurements and reporting requirements that set quality metrics for each stage of the production process.
- Proactive review and improvement of systems and processes to ensure maintenance of standards, reduction of defects, and improved efficiency.
- Determine quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to business processes. Statistical analysis of data and creation of reports for management by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and reports.
- Creation of quality documentation and development of SOPs for the facility and products in line with industry standards.
- Work closely with manufacturing staff to: raise awareness of the importance of quality; train on and ensure quality protocols are followed and documentation is correctly maintained; and provide tools to control quality on the production line; and implement any new changes or adaptations based on quality review.
- Participate on teams to help make necessary improvements and changes to all process related issues in the production department.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures. Safety is a condition of continued employment.
- Analyse reported problems, identify root causes and develop corrective actions and improvements to overcome them.
- Working closely with external partners e.g. suppliers, customers, etc to solve problems and implement solutions and improvements.
To be successful in the role of Quality Engineer, you will ideally hold a degree in engineering or related discipline and hold one to three years related experience in ISO 9001 environment.
Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, tools and processes is required to be successful in this role as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce clear, concise communications.
The ability to demonstrate sound mathematical and technical skills plus good investigative and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail is a must for this position.
You will have good interpersonal skills and organisational skills and decision-making abilities coupled with the ability to work independently and proactively.
You will also possess solid analytical skills and be able to spot problems quickly and find the underlying causes so changes can be made.
A full working knowledge of Microsoft Office is also necessary.
In return, our client is offering the opportunity to join a well-respected global organisation that offers the opportunity for international travel. An attractive salary is also on offer for the right candidate.
Contact Name: Peter Donnelly
Contact Number: 01782 338787