Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire.
Permanent. Full or Part Time.
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Quantity Surveyor – Residential & Care Sector
£35,,000 – £40,000 dependant on experience
Our client has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their growing Project Management Consultancy business in Stoke-on-Trent & Manchester. The principle purpose of the role is to provide effective commercial management and control of projects, and to administer these in line with the applicable contract terms/statutory legislation.
The role will be varied and deadline driven, so excellent prioritisation and organisational skills are essential. It is essential that you are a confident communicator, proficient with Microsoft packages, with ideally experience in a similar role/environment. Key responsibilities include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Commercial management of projects to ensure they are completed within budget
- Create systems and processes, allowing effective measurement of commercial performance
- Provide accurate, real time, monthly reports (Cost Value Reconciliations) and final outcome forecasts
- Carry out tender analysis, sub-contractor procurement including management and payment of sub-contractor accounts
- Attend and provide cost input at design team meetings and agree strategies to deliver the project
- Value engineer projects and suggest delivery solutions to ensure cost effective project delivery
- Provide financial information to the team as required to assist in financial planning
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Thorough understanding of quantity surveying in the house building industry or Care Sector.
- Thorough understanding of financial reporting, contractual terms and conditions and statutory requirements
- Good analytical skills and the ability to apply common sense in all situations
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Customer and delivery focused
- Full driving licence essential
Contact Name: Peter Donnelly
Contact Number: 01782 338787