COVID-19 Coronavirus Holiday Entitlement
COVID-19: Holiday Entitlement
It feels rather strange to be writing about holidays at this crazy time and I hope we do not offend you all, but we wanted to keep you up to date with as much COVID news as possible, including the information below relating to the COVID-19 Coronavirus holiday entitlement updates.
This is specifically for those who will not get the opportunity to take holidays and ordinarily would not be able to carry them over into next year.
“Workers who have not taken all of their statutory annual leave entitlement due to COVID-19 will now be able to carry it over into the next 2 leave years!” – Gov.uk
What is the current entitlement for annual leave?
- Almost all workers are entitled to 28 days holidays including bank holidays each year.
- Businesses are obliged to ensure their employee’s take their entitlement and failure to do so could result in a financial penalty.
What if my statutory annual leave entitlement has been affected by COVID-19?
- The new regulations allows up to 4 weeks of unused leave to be carried into the next 2 leave years
- This eases the pressure on employer’s and employee’s
What does this mean?
- Together, we can all work to continue a national effort against the virus!
- Workers will not lose their leave entitlements
- The government is amending regulations to allow annual leave to be carried over into the next 2 years
- This gives businesses the flexibility when it is needed most.
Supporting each other during this difficult time is the most important thing of all; if you have any questions please get in touch on 01782 338787 or book a convenient time for you and a member of our team will get in touch!
Stay safe and stay inside!