|Salary||28000 - 35000 per Annum|
|Sector||Purchasing and Procurement|
Are you a commercially astute, enthusiastic and driven Buyer who can spot new business opportunities?
Our client, based near Uttoxeter, are looking for you to join their growing business and deliver an exceptional quality and best value of work. Are you someone who can manage stock levels as well as ordering parts and thrive in a pressured and fast-paced environment? If you are analytical, resourceful, uses your own initiative and can apply common sense when problem solving, this role if for you.
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 8am – 5pm, Friday 8am – 2pm
Key responsibilities as a Buyer:
- Effective management and control of supply chains to ensure that excellent service levels are maintained, and that production requirements and time scales are met.
- Place stock orders in line with forecasted demand and forward stock holding requirements, liaising with relevant teams (Production, Engineering and Finance).
- Supplier price negotiation to ensure team cost management targets are achieved.
- Control of stock and planning parameters within an ERP environment, ensuring minimum stock levels are managed and consistent with risk analysis.
- Identify potential new suppliers to meet business needs and minimise risk.
- Liaison both internally and externally to support resolution of quality related issues.
Required skills as a Buyer:
- Good understanding of purchasing in a fast paced, manufacturing environment.
- Highly skilled in MRP/ERP systems and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- An awareness of MRP/ERP and Stock Control processes (training will be provided).
- Ability to create and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships with suppliers and communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Display a resourceful and proactive approach to problem solving and capability to work independently, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
If you think this Buyer role is something you would like to know more about, please enquire now!
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Appointments Personnel who are operating as an employment agency.
Stoke on Trent
Apply Now Calling all Workshop Controllers! Are you looking for your next move? Do you want to be valued at…
Stoke on Trent
Apply Now Calling all Customer Service Managers! Are you looking for a new challenge? Can you effectively lead a team…
Apply Now Job Title: Maintenance Engineer Location: Stoke-on-Trent Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 Contract: Full Time, Permanent Working Hours: 45 hour…