|Automation Development Engineer
|40000 - 50000 annum
|Technical and Engineering
Automation Development Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Automation Development Engineer based near Uttoxeter. If you are passionate about automation, cutting-edge technology, and want to play a key role in shaping the future of material handling, this role is for you!
Why choose this role:
- Become an integral part of the engineering team, responsible for designing, developing, and implementing automated guided vehicles to enhance our electric tug technology.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify automation opportunities, improve existing processes, and contribute to the development of new and innovative products,
- Automation System Design: Develop and design automated guided vehicles that optimise the performance of electric tug technology.
- Installation and Support: Install, set up and maintain automated guided vehicles at customer sites, working closely with the customer to meet requirements, and adhering to safety standards.
- Collaboration: Work closely with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering teams to integrate automation seamlessly into our products.
- Prototyping and Testing: Build and test prototypes to validate automation concepts, ensuring they meet performance, reliability, and safety standards.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvement, efficiency gains, and cost reduction through the application of automation.
- Documentation: Create comprehensive documentation for all automated guided vehicle designs, ensuring clear communication and knowledge transfer within the team.
- Quality Assurance: Implement and maintain rigorous testing and quality control processes for automated guided vehicles.
- Proven experience with the design, development and implementation of automated guided vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Controls Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong programming skills with proficiency in languages such as Python, C++, or Java.
- Familiarity with motor controllers, PLC programming and HMI development.
- Experience with industrial communication protocols (e.g., Modbus, CAN, Ethernet/IP).
- Solid understanding of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Join a Fast paced and expanding organisation with a global presence.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth within the organisation.
- Collaborate with a dedicated team committed to delivering excellence.
- Contribute to making a meaningful impact in improving load-moving solutions worldwide.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Appointments Personnel, who are acting as an employment business agency.
Apply Now Commercial Administrator Salary: £25,000-£26,000 Location – Newcastle Under Lyme Work Type: Permanent, Full Time Our client,…
Apply Now £23,000 per annum plus an annual bonus Stoke on Trent My client is currently seeking a…
Apply Now Job Title: Yard Operative Contract: Temporary – Permanent Location: Stoke-on-Trent Hourly Rate: Starting at £11 p/h…