|Job Role||Payroll Account Manager|
|Salary||21000 - 24000 per Annum|
|Sector||Accountancy and Finance|
Payroll Account Manager
Payroll Account Manager
Job Type – Permanent
Hours, Full Time – Monday to Friday
Location – Cheshire
Our Client based in Congleton is looking for a Payroll Account Manager who will be wholly responsible for looking after all aspects of a weekly payroll processing process from beginning to end for a dedicated portfolio of clients.
The successful candidate will ensure payrolls are completed accurately and in line with client agreements. and will also be expected to be a payroll expert, able to help and advise on all payroll related matters with minimum supervision.
As a Payroll Account Manager, your key duties will include:
- Manage own workload to ensure accurate payroll data entry (manually, or by spreadsheet import, or on-line portal into the payroll database), ensuring contractors, temporary and permanent staff are paid on time and receive the correct payments.
- Ensure payroll information received from clients adheres to deadlines for payroll and invoicing purposes
- Handle new starters and leavers
- Handle pension contributions including new starters, opt ins/outs and postponements
- Process statutory payments including National Minimum Wage, Parental payments and holidays in line with current legislation
- Ensure payments to intermediaries are processed correctly after considering the off payroll working regulations
- Check accuracy of payroll data entered and ensure any errors are updated to reduce the chance of errors or re-runs
- Ensure timesheets are consistent with data received and have the correct authorisation
- Investigate and resolve any payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information, including the Exceptions Report
- Ensure all payments match and reconcile all payroll payments to the financial ledger
- Send validation report to clients for approval in advance of running the payroll
- After approval is received from the client, carry out pay-run for the client
- Arrange payslip distribution via email or post
- Process leaving documentation including P45s
- Check payroll figures reconcile before sending final payment submissions and any other reports or payments required to HMRC and other statutory bodies
- Check gross margins for client portfolio and provide weekly payroll reports and key data as required for each client including gross margin, profit, etc.
- Highlight any concerns/issues to client including negative margins and agree appropriate corrective action
- Complete monthly and year end procedures essential for statutory and other returns. Issue P60s to workers
- Ensure accuracy off all payroll records by maintaining database with updates
- Maintain up to date and comprehensive guidance notes on using the payroll database and key processes
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing personal targets and objectives and supporting other payrollers to complete tasks such as outstanding pay-runs during quiet periods
As a Payroll Account Manager, you will ideally possess the following essential skills:
- Develop professional working relationships with key contacts in the client portfolio to ensure client satisfaction and retention
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the client portfolio and be proactive in suggesting solutions to problems and where improvements can be made
- Take ownership of account and offer guidance to clients to ensure their accounts run smoothly and comply with administrative and legislative requirements
- Influence and support clients when dealing with complex enquiries
- Strike a balance between doing what the client wants and what is best for our business.
- You will have strong customer service abilities and understanding of query ownership, management and resolution
- The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 2 years payroll experience from start to finish. An IPP qualification is desirable but not essential
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers in a variety of formats.
- Excellent written and oral communication and skills
- Computer literate
If you feel that you have the skills to be successful in this Payroll Account Manager role the, please apply now.
This role is being advertised on behalf of Appointments Personnel who are acting as an employment agency.
Apply Now Job Title: Production Supervisor Location: Stoke-on-Trent Salary: Up to 36,000 Contract: Full Time, Permanent Working Hours: 6:00am 2:00pm…
Apply Now Job Title: Maintenance Engineer Location: Stoke-on-Trent Salary: Up to 36,000 Contract: Full Time, Permanent Working Hours: 8:00am 5:00pm…
Apply Now Our well-established client, based in Uttoxeter, are looking to recruit a Laboratory Service Engineer on a permanent basis….